Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
This vegan jerky is made with the highly medicinal Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) mushroom. Chewy and meaty, this snack is packed with immunomodulatory polysaccarides that help regulate a wide range of immune system functions . Extracts from the Turkey Tail mushroom have even shown to improve immune responses of women with breast cancer after chemotherapy . This mushroom jerky taste great, and makes a excellent winter snack to help prevent cold and flu*.
- 1 cup turkey tail mushrooms (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chili poweder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil or butter
- Place the turkey tail in a bowl with the soy sauce and water; toss to cover all parts of the mushrooms
- Add chili and garlic powder and toss to coat evenly
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. Longer soaking will give a stronger flavor.
- Drain any remaining liquid from the bowl and place mushrooms on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake at 300 ºF for 30 minutes or until fully dry, turning once half way through
- Store in a dark, dry place for up to a year
*Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*